A Sin Is A Sin

We have made it to my favorite time of year! And although the temperatures have been more summer than fall, I still have all my pumpkin things/scents/coffeess out and ready to rock. My pumpkin candles are lit, and I am one happy girl. So friend, let's talk!

Today I felt led to write about sins. If you follow me and "aren't religious," a sin is something that separates us from God. It could be a physical act of something, things we partake in, thoughts we have, and so on. The good news is Jesus died once for all the sins of all people, and is alive today and seated at the right hand of the Father! (God) If you've heard any Pastor speak or read any devotionals, you might've heard of sins that (sadly) Christians tend to focus on more. The "common" ones I have heard referenced are usually about sexual immorality, drunkenness, LGBQT, and addictions. While those are all certainly things that separate us from God, they are most definitely not the only sins that exist. And that's where I think people get tired of Christians and/or even God Himself. From hearing the same "you're going to hell for XYZ..." Let me assure you, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) And guess what friends, I myself am in the mix of sinners. I do not want you to read my blogs thinking that I am "holier than thou" or that I have it all figured out and I don't sin. What a lie that is! I like to think like Paul does when he said (I'm paraphrasing here) "Christ died for sinners... of whom I am the worst." (1 Timothy 1:15) 

Here is an example of a current sin struggle from my own life that I'm wrestling with. I have neighbors on one side of us that are 100% drug addicts. I go even further to say that I am pretty positive they run a drug house. My husband and I have even witnessed before our very eyes a 'drug deal.' This is extremely upsetting for many reasons, but the most cause for concern is that I have two little children in our home. I certainly prefer them not to grow up next to people who are into drugs. I know people anywhere and everywhere can have an addiction or use drugs, it's just unsettling that they are right next door. They tend to be very loud. They have a lot of people coming and going from their house, I'm not even sure who actually "lives" there. Someone is always screaming at someone else. Their yard is filled with loads of who knows what, and they keep bringing truckloads of more stuff in. So, this causes me to be irritated with them. I get upset whenever they're all home. They've been next door for about two years now and I've barely spoken a word to them. I've even told Kaleb not to look at or talk to them when we happen to be outside at the same time they are. WHOA... do you see the problem here? I tell my son not to be nice, basically. What example am I setting for my children? What example am I setting for them of Jesus? A horrible example, that's what. Jesus loved those who sent Him to His death, and even forgave them! (Luke 23:34) And guess what, Jesus loves my next door neighbors. The saying is "love the person, hate the sin" and that is what I should be more focused on. They are lost in this crazy world and caught up in addictions, so they really need Jesus... and I do too. "But Keily I thought you were a Christian?" I am, but I still need Jesus... maybe even more so than they do!

So, if you're tired of hearing the same sins being mentioned, just know that they are not the only sins in life. And one sin is not greater than another. God sees all sin as awful and equal. The example I gave is just one kind. There is of course also lying, cheating, stealing, putting other things before God, gossip, unrighteous anger... the list goes on really. That's why we need to recognize and confess our sins to God. He hears and knows our thoughts and heart and will forgive us. But then it is our responsibility to turn from our actions/sins and try to do better. Friend, Jesus can forgive you. Whatever you've done in the past or in the present, He died for you to forgive you and allow you to have a relationship with Himself and God. I am so thankful for that Good News! I need forgiveness too. I'll end today with a form of prayer that you can pray to accept Jesus into your life and ask forgiveness of sins. You can ask Jesus in whatever manner, this is just an example. Let's pray:

"Jesus, thank You for dying on the cross for me. Thank You for Your forgiveness. I acknowledge that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. Lord I ask You to come into my life, forgive me of my sins, and make me a new person. I need You. Help me to start living for You. Thank you for listening when I talk to you. Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. In Jesus Name I pray, amen!"

- If you decided to pray that, would you please let me know? I would love to talk more with you, or just be a listening ear if you want to talk. I'm not a Pastor or a therapist or anything, but I'm still here to chat or even pray with you. I think it's visible on my profile, but if you'd like to email me my email is knearhood18@gmail.com. Better yet my phone number is 937-974-8379. Or you can leave me a comment on this post and I can reach out. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts, talk to you soon!

Comments

  1. Well said...a truth we all need to be reminded of sometimes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, Another Blogger.

Jesus Is Coming Back

Bible Study & Small Groups