Fear Not

Hi friends! I just had it on my heart to write a quick post about fear/worry. This is something I struggle with daily. To be honest, some of my fears are totally irrational. Why am I like this? I don't know. But, God is good and He Alone holds all things together. I just wanted to jot down some Scriptures that speak to fear, in case anyone else might struggle in this area of life too:


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 

"... For He said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my Helper, I will not fear; what can man do to me?'" Hebrews 13:5b-6 

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7 

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27 

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1 

"Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22 

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'my refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91: 1-2

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


Some of these I already known from memorization. I recommend you do the same! It really is helpful and calming to recite the Word of God for any and all emotions, circumstances, situations, feelings, etc. that we go through in this life. I hope this helps reassure you that you are loved and held by God Almighty, and that we should not be afraid because He is for us! Talk soon, friends.











Comments

  1. Great scriptures and your almost last sentence is something I need to remind myself of often. That He is for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, Another Blogger.

Jesus Is Coming Back

Bible Study & Small Groups