Bible Study & Small Groups

Well, did you think I had already given up on blogging? If you are following me and waiting for my next blog... fear no more! I am back! I am so sorry for the delay in writing. There has been a lot going on aside from my surgery/recovery. Overwhelmed is an understatement for me at this point but, God is good and I am back.

I love Bible studies and small groups. They keep me in God's Word, and having fellowship with other people is good for my soul. To be honest, I am not the best at studying the Bible 'on my own.' My Bible reading plan is usually I read one chapter from the Old Testament, and one chapter in the New Testament. As far as deep-diving into the Scriptures and getting into theology, I do not do that on my own. I wouldn't even know where to begin! I know there are several resources out there to help guide but I still prefer meeting together and studying with friends. Trust me when I say there is just something uplifting and encouraging in studying God's Word (or a Bible study of some sort) with others! There is also power in praying together with others! 

There are about to be 3 study groups I'm going to be in, all with different studies and books of the Bible of course. One is Sunday mornings before service at my church, Towne Blvd Church of God. Another will be on Tuesday nights at Lebanon 1st Church of God. The last group is on Saturdays with some ladies in my church... our 'brunch group.' I am beyond excited that these groups are starting back up after having our summer break! It is so easy to become distracted and weighed down when I'm not praying and studying as I should be. It's also hard for me to do this at home on my own because I have two little ones to care for. I love them more than life, but man they are demanding! I know Bible reading and prayer time doesn't have to be some big elaborate thing; I just feel better when I have a second to sit down and really study. 

So why did I just type all that pointless information? Because, I would like to challenge you to start reading God's Word, and start praying. I cannot even begin to tell you how uplifted and encouraged you will feel! Why? Because we can run to Jesus when we're feeling all the feelings. This world is dark and crazy and only going to get worse. We have a Hope to cling to (Jesus) and Scriptures to help us get through our hardships. I'm not saying if you start reading the Bible or join a Bible study, and start praying, that your life will be all butterflies and rainbows... what I am saying is you will have strength and encouragement to make it through whatever you're going through. God promised that we are never alone (Joshua 1:5) so when we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. Nothing like it in the world, my friend! I mentioned in a previous blog that the world has a lot to offer to us to make us feel good and fulfilled, but I can say from personal experience that NOTHING compares to the joy and fullness that comes from the Lord. Period! Let's pray:

Thank you Father for another day. Thank you for being with me and my little family though all the garbage we're dealing with. Thank you for everyone who reads my blogs. I pray Lord that You would be so close to them. Uplift them. Encourage them. Help them when they need it most, Lord. I pray that You would keep us all safe and healthy. Help us to stay in Your Word. Help us in communicating with You, Jesus. I also pray over small groups and Bible study groups. Help us have the passion to meet with others and learn from them. Build us up Lord, we need other Christ followers in our lives! I ask and pray all this in Jesus Name, AMEN!

- I am putting information in for the church and Bible studies I will be in, should anyone feel like joining!

  • Towne Blvd Church of God - starts 9/10 - Sunday morning Bible study from 9:30-10:30am (service at 10:30 if you'd like to join me for church!)
  • Lebanon 1st Church of God - starts 9/12 - Tuesday evenings at 7pm
  • Towne Blvd brunch group - starts 9/9 - every other Saturday at 9am. Held at our church!



Comments

  1. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery. Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, Another Blogger.

Jesus Is Coming Back